Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Sick Chronicles

It was coming. We knew it. We just didn't know when...  
Mimi's first stomach bug.

It is day FIVE of my excruciating sore throat and yucky cough (so yucky that Ben has been sleeping with a pillow over his head at different parts of the night!). Hoping for some little rainbow of wellness this morning, we woke up to Mimi's first stomach bug. Poor girl. I seriously don't know how we dodged this nasty bullet for so long. However, it's now 3:00 pm and we've been puke-free for at least 5-6 hours. She is sleeping (and of course I should be too!) but I had to document this soon-to-be infamous day in our house. (and mostly because she has been so sweet in the midst of being sick that I don't want to forget).


Our game of Toy Story Memory:
 

Mimi's pile of matches:

Mine. 
No joke.

 Her magical princess hideout/recovery area:


A cute little girl, starting to feel better:
(after we read almost EVERY princess story from her gigantic princess treasury book. In her princess tent.)




*I was starting to get semi-concerned for the littlest Turrill in our house, so I went to the doc this morning to make sure there wasn't anything more serious than a cold wrong with me. We are clear!!! Just a stinky coldish virus thing. Phew! (I was feeling ESPECIALLY guilty that I hadn't had my flu shot yet...shame, shame, shame. ) But it's not the flu!

** UPDATE: Just when I thought that this cute smile meant that we were out of the woods, Wednesday the stomach bug hit Mama-hard. It was the worst thing that I can remember...I now have NO VOICE (literally) from my bronchitis thing and all the violence that occurred to my throat yesterday (TMI). YUCK YUCK YUCK. Then, to make it even worse, Ben, who never gets sick, caught it late last night. Poor Turrills! We do seem to be on the mend though. Bob and Robyn graciously came and got Mimi and took her on a swimming/Goodtimes adventure while we slept. The best part is that they brought her home with just enough time to get her down for a nap...THEY ARE ANGELS. I was moved to tears...we are so so lucky. (Also a big shout out goes to my mom who I kept texting with last night when I started getting fearful of dehydration and baby T)...xoxo Thanks mom. Let's hope NOW were on the road to recovery. ***

2 comments:

Ashley said...

boo everyone was sick! yeah everyone is ok!

Caldwell Family said...

I am LOVING all of these updates (except for hearing about the sickies)! So exciting for the big girl bed, preschool, and Momma's cute belly!!! You look like you have a boy in there to me;) I hope you all start to feel better really soon!