Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Best Student


****

I really don't even know where to begin. 

This may be the cutest, most expression-filled look I've ever captured of Mimi's and I can't stop looking at it. It just is so telling. It's smug, but so funny and ironic on the face of a two year old. 

This is the face that stared at me as I tried to tutor little Asa (a kindergartener that I see once a week). This week I had to bring Mimi. I was apprehensive at best that she'd entertain herself for an hour in someone else's house while I read with another kid. 

So when she crossed her arms and looked at Asa and I from the couch, I couldn't keep myself from laughing. She just seemed like she wanted to seem "older" and in the know..

Then, this happened:



She is my best student ever.


I also taught her a song about writing letters one night. It goes like this:

"If you want to write your letters
And you want to write them better...

Start at the top!
(clap, clap)
Start at the top!"

We put tape on the floor and she used a racecar to "race" around her name (like I do when I tutor). This is her singing the song...


No comments: