Wednesday, August 31, 2011

DOODLEBUGS!




My dear friend Kristina just opened her dream store/ kids art studio in Louisville.

It's called DOODLEBUGS!
I'm so proud of her. It's every bit as cute and magical as I thought it'd be.
Mimi, Bode and I just visited it for the first time last week.
When I stepped foot in there for the first time I thought of all my cute, artistic friends who would love Doodlebugs as much as I would.

Here are some fuzzy cell pics.

They have drop-in free art time for kids (which I will be helping a bit with...Kristina's asked me to help develop a few of the changing art centers-a job I can do from home! Something to fill that art/teaching void!) as well as art classes for kids and some pinot and picasso painting nights for adults.

But, I have to say, my favorite is their cute retail. I feel like I'm always looking for fun, different gifts and cards for kids and friends that have a "boutique-y" feel. I felt like Louisville was definitely lacking in that area. Doodlebugs has some really cute stuff. I've vowed to only buy kid/friends' presents there.

(Now I really hoped I haven't talked it up too much! But I think it's great :)


Mimi doing some "drop in art"
Look at those cute kid tables (if you look closely the tops underneath the paper are all painted cute colors). And I love the little easels on the tables too...


The famous "Ms. Tina" (I taught her son Aidan in kindergarten...I actually "claimed" him the first time I saw him and made sure that I got him in my class. Now he's in FOURTH grade! Tina also watched Mimi when I went back to school)


These are little kits of supplies and instruction for kids to mimic different artists' styles...
brilliant!


The Doodlebug ladies! 

Heather and Kristina
xoxo

So excited for Doodlebugs to grow! Go check them out!





No comments: