Friday, August 12, 2011

What I Love...


I love staring at this face.

I love seeing how every new thing in Bode's world registers in his eyes. Sometimes it's intense curiousity/wonder/awe ( or just straight bewilderment), but it reminds me of how new this little guy is in the world.

Every change in light as we walk into a new room causes him to get really still and wide-eyed. Today when we were in his room he became fixated on the dark, stripped curtains over my shoulder. He also loves to gaze at the big red star over his changing table.

I also love how he responds to Ben, Mimi and I. He gets really quiet if Mimi talks to him or holds him, and he will turn his head to Ben if he is talking close.

But I think that the yummiest thing is the way that he looks at his Mama; he will just stare into my face with his big dark blue eyes when he 's awake and alert. It is pretty precious.
(it's my sweet bonus for being the "giver of life" ;) HA! or at least for being the one who feeds him all night and day!

You do have to look closer for the expressions of a newborn. They aren't as obvious as that big, gummy grin that will come later, or the infectious giggle of an older baby. But how wonderful to watch a little person take in the world for the first time and be amazed by the simplest things that we barely notice any more. I really am thankful for all of this time I have to hold Bode and be attached to him, so I can be still and notice all of these little things about our favorite little guy.

***

No comments: