THIS GIRL TURNED THREE THIS WEEKEND!!! :)
First, we started with all the preparations:
I almost wrote a post entitled: "Hi, my name is mackenzie and i'm addicted to overdoing things."
Because I cut out circles of printed notebook paper and cardstock for favors and cupcake flags...
...and typed up instructions for the wiki stick favors for the kids:
But then I thought, "I'm not doing all of that out of some compulsion or desire to impress anyone. it's what I enjoy. I like having projects to do that involve paper and printing and party favors and crafts!" And, in the midst of just staying in my pjs and being an on call dairy, it's nice to have something else going on! (confession: one night after being up at 2 am to feed Bode, I wanted to go down and work on these! There's something about a quiet house and a sleeping family that makes me want to pull out the glue stick! ;)
So I did all that. And loved it :)
But enough about that!
Back to the birthday girl :)
We started our morning...
Bode wanted to look nice for his sissy's bday...
(This is why we have more pictures of Bode on Mimi's birthday morning):
We had Mimi's party at BOUNCE! A kids' paradise filled with bouncy castles galore!
We must officially have a "kid"...no more birthday parties that are more about the adults ;)
We toted in our cupcakes, fruit and banana bread (with our Starbucks coffee traveler!) and party favors and waited for our friends.
(and made sure brother was happy with a paci! Mimi prides herself on her paci-giving skills)
Then the friends started filing in!
Mimi loves her boys! Aidan and Finn xoxo
Aunt Karen and Sarah meeting Bode for the first time!
Cute Elin :)
BFFs Kira and Gentry
Rachel and Cameron!
Kristina :)
Fritz, Molly and Laura
Finn, reading Mimi his card to her:
Oma and Bodes
Ben and Brent
Aunt Kate, Karen and Uncle Drew
Right before Mimi blew out her candles she fell :( Poor girl! But she rallied!
Sam!
PRESENTS!
Nana xox
Rodger!
...one tired party girl!
After the party we went to Nana and Rodger's with Oma and BT for a little lunch and relaxation :) Then it was home. Mimi sat in the living room and played with all of her treasures for hours. It was sweet to watch! Everyone knows her so well! She was in HEAVEN!
Happy Birthday Little Mims!



1 comment:
Yay for the birthday girl! Isaac and I just finished looking at this post together. When he first saw a picture of Mimi he shouted out "Mimi!" before I had the chance to tell him who it was:) He also clapped after we finished. Looks like a wonderful day!
Post a Comment