After a few consecutive rough nights with no sleep, I went to the mailbox to find this perfect card from my sweet friend Angela...
I literally melted into a big puddle of tears right there on the spot.
Because not sleeping is really hard.
Actually, what's hard is putting your head down on the pillow at 11:00 pm and hearing a hungry, crying baby at 11:15.
Or rocking that baby to sleep, laying your head back on that said pillow and hearing him stir JUST as you drift off to sleep.
So Ang, thanks for knowing that we're in the trenches over here and sending your love and support!
It's not that Bode is a hard baby at all. Like my mom helped me vocalize, he's easy to console. It's just that he eats A LOT. And isn't the most patient at night to go without it. And, he's such a frantic eater that I think he takes in a lot of air-hence the waking up at night with a bubbly tummy. But, I think he's pretty normal as newborns go.
When Mimi was a newborn I had prepared myself to be miserable, and was actually pleasantly surprised. I think that she gave us chunks of sleep in a row and it wasn't as bad as I had expected! PLUS, I didn't have any other kiddos to be with in the morning...just her. Hence, I thought that people were being dramatic about newborns and the lack of sleep. Now I'm living it. Just another reminder not to judge anyone else's situation, because everyone's circumstances are different. But, I am well aware that this is just a phase, and I really am thankful to go through it-it means that our little baby boy is here with us. This too will pass (then I'm sure I will be weepy that he is so big)... ;)
Evidence that both of these kids really do sleep (sometimes ;)
This is BOTH babies, laying on the sweet blankets made by Great Grandma Morning Pat
(who's coming to visit in a few weeks!!!!)


3 comments:
Hang in there!!!!!!!!!! It won't be long until you feel "normal" again:) Besides I need you good and rested to be my cheerleader in a few months!
I here you sister... I've been there (recently). I started expressing my milk on occasion so that John could help by giving Cooper a bottle while I took a nap... it's hard being the primary source of nutrition for another person. It helps a lot to have a break, even if you can just get a couple hours off! I'm praying for you... and remember, this too shall pass... like in a couple of weeks. :-)
arrgh... I'm tired too, I put the wrong 'here', I meant 'hear'
Post a Comment