Over the past week, Bode has had a WORD EXPLOSION!
I can't get enough of his voice and haven't stopped marveling how much of a wonderful privilege it is to get to watch someone learn to talk. A someone who just used cries, then grunts, then grunts and pointing to get what they want, now says, "nooooo" (in an odd way. Like in Forever Young-old Mel Gibson movie-when he wakes up from being cryogenically frozen and his vocal cords can hardly work. You know. Like that). Bode is also saying "nah" (for nose) "mah" (mouth) "eye" for, yep, you guessed it: eyes. ;) He's said "ball" and "stuck" and "hot dog" and "Elmo." And I'm not exaggerating, this all happened this week and last. It's like it's all be clogged up in his mouth and the seal has been broken and the words are just freely tumbling out.
In other news we're getting new hardwood floors (and backsplash and a TV mounted) and basically feeling blessed to be able to make our house the way we want it. It's crazy town. Of course nothing happens the way it's supposed to and the kids and I have been huddling together on the one square of carpet that isn't taken over by furniture or errant staples. Of course it's momentary and for a great reason, but it's thrown me for a loop. Pair that with an ever increasingly busy Bode (like REALLY REALLY busy. Love it because I love him and that's him, but I'm SO physically exhausted. Find a mom of a boy and hug them for ten minutes straight. Then give them a magazine and find a quiet corner for them to decompress). And Mimi is apparently a teenager (even though she's four). The emotions and anger and yelling is nerve-decaying as well. I can't even really remember what I do on a daily basis, but I know that it's not making a tree skirt with glue gun or making dinner (as I intended). I really feel like I could float off into the oblivion of just the Daily Tasks, hence why I blogged (even without pictures). It's good to put a mark down on this day to reconnect (even if it's via a blog :)
Pictures of the floor process to be posted sometime I'm sure. Right after I post our beach vacation pictures from early October. (or don't).
****
No comments:
Post a Comment