Monday, December 17, 2012

Mimi's Dance Recital

(so I'm posting this and feel so remiss if I don't acknowledge the horrible grief our country is feeling right now. I actually think I've been trying to stick my head in the sand and not watch the news because I'm no good to anyone in my house in a state of mourning. But what's happened recently with the MULTITUDE of tragedies is enough to rock us to the core and question everything you believe. But I need to say, as you do that, PLEASE don't take a day for granted. And my prayer is that everyone would come to know the God of the universe, who holds little children in His hands and has a plan greater than this world and wants everyone to come to know Him in a personal way. If you haven't trusted in Jesus, that He came on Christmas as part of a master plan to save this world, then look into it. God says, "Seek and you will find me if you seek with all of your heart." (Jer 29:13). Ben and I just read "Heaven Is For Real" -in a DAY and it was timely; the day before the CT shooting. It was a great comfort and I trust in God more than ever. It reminded me that what we see is not the END of the story. There's so much more going on than what we can see. There are questions that we have here that can't always be answered, but I know that my faith is the ONLY thing that gives lasting hope. Sorry for the sermon, but it's through tearful eyes and a heavy heart that I make that plea to everyone whom I love...YOU. AND can feel grateful for these babies of mine and responsible for telling them how much Jesus loves them and created them for a purpose).

****

Mimi just had her FIRST dance recital. Her dance group actually does a perfomance/show, not like the traditional recitals where each class has a dance.  This year they put on the Snow Queen. I was so anxious to see it! 

(and thank you for the prayers that Mimi would avoid this AWFUL stomach bug that's ravaged our house so she could dance. She made it! No sign of sickies for her!)













So Mimi has been in a dance class of ONE. And this whole time I didn't mind, until the dress rehearsal. Ben had to take her (because I was SICK) and he said it was sad because she didn't have any friends and was snubbed by the one girl she knew (the teacher's daughter!) HEARTBREAK. But he said she was so brave and found a little girl to talk to, and that's her below: Phoebe! They had fun chasing each other around. We actually left her back stage with a stage mom and it seemed like it was a little "Lord of the Flies" back there. Mimi's hair thing was coming out, her costume was stained (from drinking from the drinking fountain) and Mimi said some girl's crown got broken. Mayhem and mutiny if you ask me. Glad I didn't get that job ;)





Here's her debut!














 The cheering section!
(nana was sick so her and Gpa missed it! And Popee too...but they knew I'd take enough pictures and videos to make them feel like they were there. And HOW SWEET is Uncle Drew to come?!?! ;)


****


And in conclusion to what I said earlier about recent tragedies, this song has always given me comfort in the author of our story (God) and how this isn't the end: 


"Whoever does not love does not know God because GOD is love."
1 John 4:8




No comments: