Over the weekend Mimi's little friend Mya invited her to Princesses on Ice. Mya's birthday present was to invite one friend with her to the show as her birthday present. Mya picked Mimi. So sweet. (After I told Mimi that I caught her multiple times walking around saying to herself, or a stuffed animal..."Mya could pick ANYONE and she picked ME to go with her!!!" Needless to say, she was so excited). I actually went with them at the last minute to fill a unused ticket of theirs. So it was just the moms and girls on a Sunday night at the Pepsi Center. Considering that 7:30 pm is about when I start winding down at our house, the 7:30 pm show didn't sound super appealing. But being there with the girls and the really well-excuted show was like a good cup of coffee (and the good cup of coffee I had on the way there helped that too ;)
The other catch to all of this was it was a Spanish performance. I kept laughing thinking about Mimi and I sitting through a Princess on Ice entirely in Spanish. But surprisingly, I think we understood a lot of it! At one point in the show Mimi leaned over to me and said, "I really like this in Spanish!" Considering that she knows all of the princess movies by heart, she filled in the blanks with what she already knew. It was funny timing because for the past week we've had many people in our house speaking Spanish. The crew (that we've become good friends with) who did our carpets previously and now our floors are all Spanish speakers. It's been fun trying to speak to them in Spanish, and listen to what they're saying. So lately you can say that we've been immersed in hearing another language. It's been mind-stretching.
*(side note, yesterday Mimi was listening to Spanish radio all through her quiet time.) *

No comments:
Post a Comment