Sunday, March 3, 2013

Bode's Newest Obsession

Bode is a sports nut.

Of course we're fostering this (because we happen to like sports too) but most of his love is purely organic. And it both astonishes me and cracks me up. 

The other night during bath he stood up in all of his naked glory and started tossing a ball into the basket that we store bath toys in.

We barely use that basket, and I didn't even know it existed. And I'm sure no one's ever thrown anything into it. So on his own, he invented a basketball hoop for the bathroom. Of course I took a video. Mimi played the role of cheerleader (and rebounder) on the sidelines. Then he wouldn't get out of the tub because he didn't want to leave the game- we had to move the net to his room. The next day we went to Target and got him a small, over the door basketball hoop that lives in our kitchen, over the cupboard.

The day we got it, he wouldn't leave it. He wouldn't even nap without his ball that came with it (which means that when I did let him sleep with his new ball, he didn't sleep because he was too busy throwing it out of his crib)

Then one morning, Ben and Bode sat on the couch watching ESPN highlights of a college basketball game. 

IMMEDIATELY after, Bode toddled over and started doing a little jump before his throw into his basketball net...just like he saw the big boys do it on TV. A jump shot! He amazes me. 

I think the thing that I've always loved most about little boys, is that in their minds, they are men. So the contrast of my little 20 month old mimicking 20 YEAR olds and in his mind thinking he IS them, is so amusing and sweet to me.

Here's the videos:



No comments: