Saturday, March 9, 2013

Spring Cleaning and Friends


Mommy's got spring cleaning fever. 

The things that have been on hold all winter and driving me batty.
Prime example, our dirty, hoarder garage.

DIS-GUS-TING!!!!

So Sunday I bullied Ben into buying an industrial-strength shelf thing and we got to work organizing.

Luckily it was a nice day and the kids played while we moved things out, swept, and moved them back in again.

I want to marry our garage now. I literally could not stop opening the door to look in that night, just to admire the prettiness.

I'm always caught between wanting perfection for myself and my house (not good. Not attainable), paired with wanting people to not think we're messy slobs AND just wanting order and our house to be a place of rest and relaxation, not clutter and stress.

There's a fine line.

But the truth is, when things are in order, life does feel better. 










Kari's favorite part of the outfit, was that the boots were on the wrong feet. Just adding to the charm ;)

The best part was when Kari and Jeff and their boys pulled up to see the ENTIRE contents of our garage in our driveway.

Jeff so kindly was there to help assist in our yard in back and Kari and the kids and I got to play.

I thought I'd get better pics, but this is all I got:


The picture I wish I would've gotten was the one where Ben sees through the window that Bode is sucking on the nozzle of a cleaning product (while I was holding him and didn't see) and has to come in and alert me. Proud mom moment.





 Different day
Mom, doesn't this remind you of me on Cheyenne?!?! Purse and everything!



****

No comments: