Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Soccer Weekend

Ben didn't work last weekend! HOORAY!
Life is always EXPONENTIALLY better when he's home.

And he got to see Mimi's FIRST soccer game!
She did great. What a difference a year makes. She was IN it! Chasing the ball, kicking it toward a goal (not always ours, but hey, that's an improvement!)
We were proud of her. And Bode had fun watching too.









BESTIES!
(these girls also got to have a sleepover on Saturday night...they were so cute and so good! They even SLEPT! :)


Here's Bode, proudly carrying his new ball:




...and here he is before church on Sunday. I'm pretty sure he was calling the country club to get a tee time. ;)


(that's him saying "cheese")
Love that boy.


Here's Mimi's self-chosen outfit for the St. Patty's Day get together with the Stromquists...



(coat courtesy of Nana :)


And this was a picture from Friday morning.
Just to beautiful not to snap.

THAT'S where we live!

(okay, now this post is going backwards...here's some more Friday pics)

Mimi has a serious case of Spring Fever. I pulled out her summer dresses that have been stashed away, and she didn't waste any time. She also was having an imaginary play date with Gentry...she repeatedly asked "do I look pretty?" "Do you think Gentry will like my outfit?" Oh.my.goodness. This girl LOVES that boy. I think since he lives in Costa Rica now, she was trying to look like a beach girl for him. No joke. Sweet, sweet, sweet.
(and apparently just the beginning of dressing to impress a boy.)

*should I save her some high school agony and let her in on the little secret that boys neither notice nor care what girls wear?!!?*

"Mom, should I wear THIS dress, or THIS dress for my play date and sleepover?"

(mind you, the IMAGINARY one)

St. Patty's Day cookies at Indulge Bakery on the way to the mall..



sand time at the mall! Coffee with Kristina, and a chance run in with the Carluccis and DeColas!


an H and M cat nap :)

****


No comments: