Here's more pictures from our recent snow. I don't know why I've loved it so much. Maybe because we haven't had nearly enough this year. Maybe because today is March, so there's a light at the end of the wintery tunnel. It's just been a nice change. I feel like a good mom when Mimi spends an hour outside in the snow and comes in to hot chocolate. And I well up with a little Colorado girl pride when I strap on the Sorel boots and go shovel. People driving by don't need to know that I have publicly declared that I hate skiing and am not the Colorado snow bunny I'm pretending to look like.
(side note: I've decided to stop saying I HATE skiing, so as not to pass that onto mimi, who very well could be the next Peekaboo Street. Maybe I'll like skiing with kids...straight green/bunny hills and quick days..?! )
And I like making meals like this:
Here's what I LOVE about this girl. She is pretty much game for anything at any time. She adores the snow. She's liked tromping around in it since she was little. I love her fearlessness and her excitement. I think that her love language is quality time, like mine. You could tell she was lit up to be outside with just mommy and daddy on this day (her brother, the snow-hater, was napping ;)
Backyard sledding...
at least someone doesn't mind the "no man's land" of a yard :)
"Smile Mims!"
"No, a normal smile.."
There it is.
This was the snowy sunrise one morning as I drove home from getting some yummy gluten-free pumpkin bread at a coffee shop down the street.
(Julie, you'd be familiar with this errand, considering that half our trip was spent googling NYC gluten free bakeries. Yes, I have a problem.)
On Monday, the kids and I went to the Rec Center. We were staring down a loooong day all alone without Ben, so we went to the rec. I got the courage to finally leave Mimi and Bode at the daycare there...and it was great! We even walked into to see Mason Stromquist! yay! Plus, it was awesome that the kids went in together. I got a run in and then we went swimming.
Here's a tired Mimi :)
Swimming is to this girl what golf is to Bode. She can't get enough. She puts her face in, blows bubbles, kicks, the works! Just another Mimi thing that I love.
****



1 comment:
I "hate" skiing too! No shame :) Looks like fun snow days!!
Post a Comment