Summertime with kids to me means freedom.
We're released from the every day obligations of school, and dance class, and teaching preschool, etc...
Yes, there's still softball and piano and swim lessons, but there's a casual "Summer" -ness about it all. So, in that vein, I just up and drove Bode and I to the museum one day. We were done with school, but Mimi had one more week. It was so fun to just have some fun, unstructured time with my boy. I am LOVING this season with him. He's flexible, happy, funny and curious. (I think it is all because he's a more "regular" guy, if you know what I mean. Don't underestimate the power of the "number two," you know what I mean?!)
Well, that plus some maturity.
I love it.
Plus, he's just so stinkin' handsome. I love his hat game these days. And, look at how TALL he is. We measured him and he grew a healthy INCH in one month. Holy moly.
He loves Star Wars and Marvel Super Heroes (and DC), legos and the Wii. And if they can be all in one thing, that's the best.
Being a Star Wars fan, I thought he'd appreciate the planetarium.
I was right.
Lately, he keeps saying the funniest things.
A few months ago he spent about twenty minutes without taking a breath telling me what he would wish for. The list was detailed and saturated with imagination. I can't even remember it all.
But, now he'll reference the list (and even keeps adding to it). It goes like this:
Us, watching a bunny go down a hole outside the library.
Bode: "when my wish comes true, I will be able to be small enough to go down and follow that bunny"
-or-
"When I get my wish I'll be able to shoot fire from my hands and fly up to that tree..."
etc...
Should I tell him that HE'S one of my wishes come true? ;)
#boymom
No comments:
Post a Comment