Saturday, June 18, 2016

Camping with Friends



Saturday after Mimi's dance recital the Turrills embarked on our FIRST camping trip! WOOHOO!

It helped that it was ONE night, next to a cabin and just 30 minutes from home. 






Thank goodness that the Athertons and Stromquists are experienced campers...they let us borrow a tent, pads and Anne even held my hand as I ordered sleeping bags (I'm special).


When we got there we walked in on a vicious Nursery Rhyme battle. Athertons don't mess around.



Then Ben found himself in the hot seat.



The Peanut Gallery.

No man was safe.


Have we said how much that we love this "new" Bode? He LIKES to leave the house, get dressed and even eat. WHAT?!?


Then, as if just hanging out and being with our friends wasn't fun enough, we played a BOARD GAME. And not just any board game...A DISNEY BOARD GAME. I couldn't really keep my cool. 



Neither could Winnie.









Look! Bode said he wanted meat AND corn in his foil packet dinner...!!!!


(That may have been his only bite. Oh well. Progress).


Silly girls!



And silly boys.








Such great views...



Before long, it was time for P.J.s and S'mores...





Also roasted Starburst.





The Mamas and the Papas.

There was reading by the light of the lantern in the tent, there was bundling up, there was lighting and apprehensive sisters...there was a small dog cuddling in my sleeping bag and there was a pretty decent night of sleep (keep your expectations low and you'll never be disappointed!)

Ben LOVED being woken up by our giggles. Oh, and the Atherton's dog jumping in our tent.





Ethan!





Bode was so proud to show everyone that he had TWO sets of P.J.s on!




Breakfast! Fun and games!!!


(for some people ;) Poor Josh! Working while camping ;)








A great time was had by all.


(and I may go back and steal these patio chairs. I'm in love with their retroness.)


No comments: