Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Bode Turrill, Ladies Man


Bode attended Ali's fabulous baby shower with me last Saturday.
He thoroughly enjoyed being passed around and adored by all the beautiful ladies :)
He's excited for Baby Larson to come and work the room with him next get together...

Bode at (almost) four months:

Bode just gets more fun by the day. Now he is starting to look at and touch his toys, which is so fun to watch. I had been waiting for the day when toys could be a useful distraction and it's upon us! YAY! He loves looking especially at a little duck that hangs on his carseat.

He also has discovered his feet and how fun they are to grab!




He is still sporting some chunky thighs and is heavier by the day!
We can't wait for his next doc appointment to see what he's weighing in at. 
His weight is a constant conversation with strangers when they hear how old he is. 
He is our big boy :)


Changing his diaper is quite an event. He is so wiggly and I have to literally WRESTLE his hands away from his mouth...I always feel like I'm competing in some kind of 4H or rodeo event when I get him dressed.


He also hates to be out of the action. Although he's fine to go to sleep on his own in his room, when he's up, he doesn't want to be left alone. He likes to be entertained.


And, do I dare say that he is sleeping better?! (but I'm afraid to really believe that so we don't jinx it). Pretty much since he was born we're on a 2 hr stretch at night (with the exception of maybe three or four nights) Yow! But the last two nights he's really stretched it out until 1 or 2 am! AMAZING! Let's hope it continues!!!!

One of the things we love most about this boy is his laugh. It's contagious!  Mimi (and Ben and I and Nana!) do anything we can to try to coax it out (usually it's not hard to do)

We love his big blue eyes and his sweet smile. Even if he's sad, if I smile at him, he can't resist smiling back.


We love our little Bodes
xo


2 comments:

The Larsons said...

love the pic of me and Bodes. :) Can you send it to me? <3

Caldwell Family said...

whoa! those thighs!!! wish i could reach out and grab them:) he is so cute!!! i'm glad you are having fun with your happy boy.