Monday we tried to escape the crazy wind and ducked into the Butterfly Pavilion.
What always surprises me about the Butterfly Pavilion is how small it is, and how little time it takes to get through it. I think we're spoiled by the zoo and the endless acres and attractions to cover. And even though the butterfly room is awesome, Mimi wanted to spend about 0.2 seconds there. Where did she want to spend her time? Oh, just the gift shop. I guess we could've gone to Target if she wanted to shop. But oh well ;)
But Mimi DID get to hold her favorite tarantula, Rosie:
And she got to gaze at some cockroaches:
The aquarium room was cool
But the coolest part of our day was when we walked into the butterfly room.
Immediately after we pushed Bode's stroller through, a butterfly came and landed on him! Well, on his butterfly toy actually, but so cool. I think that it was attracted to the colors.
Then later when we were watching the zoo keeper's show about how they grow butterflies, right after he let a few go, another one landed on Bode! Even without his butterfly toy! Too bad he didn't even know it was happening ;)
Look at this cute girl :) I was super excited that I talked her out of wearing her poodle skirt...
***








No comments:
Post a Comment