Tricked ya!
There's really nothing more that we know. :( But again, I'm thinking that we should be thankful (Thanksgiving!) that we don't feel a huge squeeze right now and can just enjoy the holidays with our family.
Ben did get a call yesterday from his future boss, just reiterating how much they liked him, and excited to have him on board and that the move has been approved through all the right channels. They are just rearranging some stuff and figuring out where to put him. Right now we just broadly say that we will be in Orange County.
Aside from the obviousness of leaving all of our friends and most importantly family, of course there's an air of excitement about a fun new adventure. Especially once I remembered that there are real families and real people out there to meet and become friends with, and not everyone's a celebrity (my heavy, unhealthy interest in reality TV has skewed my view of CA. I'm still working to remember that the Kardashians are not going to be my neighbors and Tori Spelling will not be in my mommies group, and my house is not going to be held to Jeff Lewis' design standards...)
So we're having fun slowly purging our life (aka "selling things on craigslist") and just enjoying the calm before the storm.
****
But, speaking of craigslist, I have a new title for a blog post. It's called "Reason # 135 that Mimi will be in Counseling Because of Mommy." Lately she has been around while I've given away some of her things...bad mommy! Just bad timing I guess. After I counted everything lately that she's witnessed me giving away, it amounted to quite a list. Her memoirs will read: "Things That Were Precious to Me that My Mom Gave Away"
1. My cat Lucy
2. Toys from the basement that I watched one morning being carried away by a donation truck
3. waking up after a nap to find my outdoor toys and other things sold on Craigslist..
(and the list goes on).
She will survive me I'm sure ;)
1 comment:
I think that map is distorted ;) seems much too far.
Post a Comment