This morning I put Bode in Mimi's room for a quick second while I cleaned the bathroom.
I did the scan for any small toys or sharp things and left them playing for a minute.
After 5 minutes, my spider-senses told me to go check on them.
This is what I found:
Add to the scene Mimi, next to him, lifting one leg to start to straddle her brother...(or her "horse"). Of course I was HORRIFIED! and tried to explain to her that she was TOO BIG to ride on her brother. Then (underneath my firm expression) I thought it was hilarious too. (But mostly I was horrified). It was a good reminder to me that even though she says mature things like, "Mom (holding up a little fake gem from her game) I will play with this but then make sure to put it away so Bode doesn't choke on it"- she's still a three year old sister. And my supervision is Bode's best line of defense from being ridden like a horse. *
*later, as I was holding him, quietly I said, "Bodes, did your sister almost try to ride you like a horse?" and Mimi overheard me and chimed in, "No. He wasn't a horse, he was a beautiful pony. Or unicorn."


1 comment:
hilarious
Post a Comment