Sunday, February 19, 2012

Mrs. & Ms. Know-It-All















I have a tendency to talk to Mimi in a very "instructional" way most times. I can't help it. It's the former teacher in me. A lot of times I like to map out what our day will look like for Mimi. It goes like this (complete with hand gestures to show "first" "second" etc...)

ME: "Mimi today we need to FIRST go to the grocery store, THEN we're going to clean up our rooms and THEN we can watch a show"

The funniest thing is that kids seem to be mirrors of what we put out. So then her conversations have started to look like this, from inside her bunk bed hide out to me before her nap:

MIMI: "okay Mom. FIRST (also complete with my same hand motions/gestures) I'm going to take a rest, THEN I am going to get up and NEXT I want to have a snack."

It's sort of hilarious to watch. I'm sure that it'd be amusing to see us "matter of factly" talking to each other with our fingers waving, etc..


Or, after I explain how to play something to Mimi, she will say, "well Mom, I have a game to teach you. It's called "(insert a made up word that sounds like "ten-ala-cha" or something like that)...and she proceeds to teach me her game (not to be outdone). I think I can just see what kind of student she's going to be. Let's hope that her kindergarten teacher appreciates her wealth of knowledge that Mimi would like to teach her... ;)

No comments: