Saturday, February 4, 2012

Our New Centerpiece





There are a lot of things to love about that last picture. Here they are:
1. I love how Ben is "hiding" his beer so he doesn't taint family picture sweetness..
2. I love how Mimi is doing a crazy dance, in her latest outfit/dress up item of choice lately, to get Bode to look at the camera
3. And I love how we have a random dog under our table. Where did he come from!?
Just kidding. He's Griffey, Ben's dad and Robyn's dog that we're dogsitting...but still. Kind of random.


Lately Bode's ventured into "foods." But I have to say that I feel like I've been sucking it up in getting him to try more and feeding him with any sense of regularity. With Mimi I had my chart of what order we were introducing foods in and what time of day we were feeding her. With Bode, a few days go by and I think "man, have I fed that kid rice cereal this week?" Oh well.

But I did love this night in particular because Bode was up with us during dinner time. There's little moments that happen that I suddenly feel like are special because it's our first time doing that thing as a family of four. This was our first time all eating together. I started putting cheerios on Bode's tray, and he just pushes them around like he's playing a mean game of air hockey. He hasn't quite figured out that they can go in his mouth. When I tried to stick one in there he didn't know what to do with it and sort of gagged. So I guess we won't rush the process...until he starts eating them it's a fun past time.

******

Here's more "family dinner" pictures from another night...

One of Ben's coworkers got these hats for the kids:


"Mimi the Elephant"





And Bode Zebra





No comments: