Today we all had a major funk. (okay, I did, and the old saying is true, "when Mama aint happy, no one's happy." So I blame myself. And maybe a little bit Bode who's been not feeling so hot, which translates to needy). Anyways, it was a really really tough day...tougher than most. One that a trip to the mall sandbox, food court, Old Navy and jumpy thing wouldn't even cure.
This is how it ended: with Mimi on her THIRD picture portraying her looong stream of tears coming from her self portrait, and Bode dumping a whole bin of markers and crayons onto the floor without me intervening. Oh, and Bode finding an old, God knows how old, sucker in that aforementioned bin and proudly sucking on it-again, with no intervention by mom. That's how bad it was.
(I had Lisa Loeb's "Bad Day" as the soundtrack for the whole evening)
Mimi's self portrait. Above is the one with her head, body and long stream of tears coming down (she described this to me). It was to show Daddy how much she was missing him and needed rescuing from her mom who just chased her around all day trying to fix her hair.
Here's the chalkboard version:
Bode, in old sucker heaven...
Tomorrow's another day. I'm off to try and lose myself in Season One of Downton Abby while Mimi watches old episodes of her new/oldfound fave show on Youtube: Rescue Rangers. Come over sometime to watch with her if you want to reminisce... ;) I'm proud to say that I can sing the whole intro song...(and even that couldn't turn our day around).
****
1 comment:
It could have been worse... you could have had that horrible song "Bad Day" stuck in your head (the one by that one skinny guy...). At Lisa Loeb is a good soundtrack artist to have in your head! ;) Hope today is better!
Post a Comment