Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Bode Stats

Today we took Bode to his ONE YEAR appointment.

I was super anxious to hear how (if!) he was growing. The last appointment, we discovered that our gigantic baby who was 9lb 4 oz in the beginning was in the lower percentiles now. All I wanted to see was some kind of growth..

AND I did. Phew! He's still in the lower percentiles, but he was growing and gaining just great; that's all I cared about :)

Weight: 19 lbs 8 oz. (5-10 percentile)
Height: 29 1/4 inches (25 percentile)
head...normal! (50 percentile I think!)

He's a perfectly proportional guy on the move.

He got FOUR shots today. But he took them like a champ. He was already dealing with some painful molars coming in, so I guess what's a few pokes more? I made sure to pump the ibuprofen as soon as we were in the car and now he's sleeping soundly in his cozy, bumpered (thanks to Laura Cowden Pittman!) bed.




More doctor pics:









This may have been where Mimi chimed into the conversation with Dr. Nancy and asked, "is this the appointment where we ask how to get Bode to stop biting me and pulling my hair?" (serious)

...and then went back to reading her book.

It was a great appointment!


Here's more about Bode now:
He is walking around 60% of the time! The other percent he's doing his awesome "bear crawl" on hands and feet (skipping the messy knees business). 
When we were playing at the statues on Pearl Street, people kept stopping so much to comment on his crawl that I entertained the thought of putting out a hat for money. But I didn't. (I don't know why people are freaking out about his crawl..I'm sure I've seen other babies do it! It's just funny looking I guess...and he cruises when he crawls. Quite efficient.)




Bode also LOVES balls. Any kind. It's his favorite thing by far.
(An Elmo ball book has actually surpassed his bedtime go to book "Colors." I love that he can show me what he wants these days. He always giggles in joy when I pick the right book he'd been gesturing to).

Here's him at the kite store, playing with what else? BALLS! A whole WALL of balls! 






He also loves utensils. If we have a spoon, he needs one too and then attempts to eat with it. He's really big into mimicking what he sees us do. If he gets hold of a brush, he wants to brush someone (or his own) hair. Which may explain why when he found the toilet brush, he stared at me as I was trying to get it from him, and then proceeded to "brush" his hair with it!! (sorry mom!) GROSS! We also had chips the other day and when he got one in his hand, he INSISTED on dipping it in salsa too. He's taking it all in.

Here's a walking video (or two :)



2 comments:

The Larsons said...

yay Bode! (Is it bad that Benjamin was already 17lbs at 6 months? My boy is HUGE!) Bode is getting so big and strong - what a cutie! :)

Rachel said...

Sydney totally does the bear crawl too! So funny. People comment on her mode of transportation all the time as well. But I totally get it, who wants to dirty up or hurt their knees right? :)