Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Riding High On Being Four

This little sweetie is so super glad to be four years old. 





All summer Mimi kept evaluating who of her friends were still three. And as birthdays passed this summer, she was the only one who was left in threesville. It was a lonely place for her with huge tumbleweeds blowing by.
Thank goodness her birthday finally came.
And now, as I kept reminding her, all her friends would start school (today!) as four year olds on equal ground.

****

Yesterday we had her four year old appointment. It was so uneventful. When it came time for Dr. Nancy to ask me if I had any questions (I'm used to whipping  out my long list at Bode's appointments) I had none. Not one single one. 

She was so big! She passed her hearing and vision and had to pee in a cup (her stand out moment).




She is solidly in the 75th percentile for everything. Just like she always has been! I'm pretty sure she's scheduled to be taller than me by first grade.

These two boys were in tow:



And they were even good! (as long as I kept the goldfish and fruit snacks coming, no one would get hurt)

Afterwards as a reward (and as a way to ensure a good nap time) we had a picnic at a little splash park nearby:







And it looks like my plan worked brilliantly...muuuahhhaa haa haa! ;)


***

Here's also a lil' video of Mimi "riding" her stick horse from the fair earlier this month...





No comments: