...that's seriously all I could come up with for a post. "New." Maybe because my brain hurts it's so tired, or maybe because how do you chose between new JOB, new VENTURES, new WAY OF LIFE HERE, new CHILD in our house, etc..so "NEW" is all I got.
We've been blessed (and yes, blessed) with the opportunity to watch a little guy for the school year. Every day. Surprising for the girl who swore up and down she'd do anything but watch someone else's kid. But when this came about I was working hard on trying to find a job I could do as a mom. I had run into my mom's friend Suzanne at the playplace, then she asked my mom if I knew of anyone who could watch her grandson, I WHOLEHEARTEDLY said "ME!!!" and the rest is history. Just a string of events that led up to the new thing the Turrills are tackling now.
We are day two into it and Bode literally just fell asleep in his macaroni and cheese. And it was before 5 pm. Needless to say, it's a definite adjustment; not unlike starting any job, or going back for the first day of school. But in this job, my kids are present every step of the way (which is good and bad. Good: I get to be with them and do what we'd normally do, but bad because of course we're not doing what we "normally" do! We have a third child with us whom we've just met! And I've called on Mimi to be patient in ways she's never had to, to share, to reason and all of those things that are hard to do. She's currently gorging herself on pirate booty snack and is watching Alvin and the Chipmunks. And I'm blogging. We both have our rewards for the day/outlets).
There's been moments where I've thought "What the h*$@ was I thinking?!?!" but mostly every minute's gotten better. We've all just needed some time to feel it all out. I truly am thankful for this opportunity that I prayed for. But how annoying am I? In my head I've been grumbling and complaining (and of course out loud too at times) about the extra work, after I asked for this job to come. Thank goodness God isn't like us. Because all I can think is it must be a lot like when Mimi gets something wonderful and then asks for something else on top of it and I think, "Do I have an ungrateful child!?!" or when she assures me she'd like PB and J for lunch and then turns her nose up at it when it's put in front of her. It would feel like that to God, if He was like us. (and maybe it does?!?) but mostly I'm going to be thankful. I'm excited for the opportunity to pay it forward for some of the wonderful daycare providers I had growing up, where I could be safe, loved and nurtured through certain stages of life. I feel a purpose to do the same.
Here's our new pal Levi. How sweet to experience a new guy and find out his quirks, the cute and funny things he says, to kiss his boo boos; the whole shabang.
Super cute right?!?! And for as tough as it was in the beginning days of our summer playdates gearing up for this, these two have become pals. It's pretty sweet.
Here's me on Day one: pulling a wagon full of 50lbs of children and carrying one on my back. We literally stopped traffic. A spectacle for sure. (but thank goodness for the kindness and warmth of strangers. There was NO WAY I was making it across the crosswalk in time).
One of Mimi and Levi's new games:
And Bode at the end of the day. Good thing we did bath and dinner early...Mama was just as anxious to close the day out as he apparently was:
As Bode snoozed I deliriously tried to make homemade tomato sauce, hoping the sizzling oil wouldn't stir him.
..obviously it didn't ;)
*****
1 comment:
you're a trooper!! hoping it gets easier and easier :)
Post a Comment