Mimi is quite the fashionista. She definitely has opinions about what she wears (and was only two when she rummaged through her dress up clothes to put on a puffy tutu under one of her normal dresses to get that "ballgown" effect. I was so impressed!)
However, thanks to our wonderful hand-me-downs, she's really never had the chance to go shopping and pick anything out that she'd like to wear. And lately during Mommy's trips to the dressing room, she's clamoring to put on the sparkly tank top she snagged from the Woman's Clearance rack on the way back. think I have the "fall/get ready for school" bug, so that paired with a great sale at the Gap, we went shopping together.
I was excited for some special girl time with my Mimi.
On the way to the store in the car, Mimi said, "I can talk, right mom? Cause Bode's not in here with us?" I think that I forget that it's hard for her to share that backseat sometimes, and be shushed constantly if her brother is trying to fall asleep. It was a good day for her to have her space.
When we got to the store, we hit the ground running. She armed herself with ALL kinds of clothes to try on (regardless of their size). Then we spent some good time in the dressing room. At one point, half way through her pile she said she was tired "and would try on the rest at home." But before I could blink, she was back at it. It was hard narrowing all of those selections down to a few things, but with a surprise appearance by Nana and Gpa, she got to add another dress and accessory to her pile of "buys."
"Mom! Can I keep this?!?!"
(the plastic hook, not the dress!)
(of course this Chihuahua shirt made it to the "keep" pile)
***

1 comment:
Mackenzie, those pics of her in the dressing room are SO great! Great shots of her but also just great SHOTS! Good job, mama! Love you!
Post a Comment