Monday, August 20, 2012

Four Years Ago Today

Four years ago today Ben and I were shell-shocked new parents to a 8lb 14 oz baby girl with brown hair.

My water had broken the previous day (much to our delight!); a day after my due date (but in my mind, three weeks too late!). After a day of labor, and a C-Section at 3 in the morning, our baby finally came.

The feeling we woke up to (I say that loosely, considering we were wheeled into our room at 6:30 am, and woken up by an abrasive nurse at 7:30) is still so vivid. We were PARENTS. I couldn't close my eyes for too long with Mimi next to me in her little bassinet; I didn't want to miss looking at her. 

Today that little girl who made us parents is FOUR. She is currently wearing a ballet outfit with sweats and adorned with princess ("accessories" as she calls them). She is full of thoughtful comments, a more mature ability to talk sweetly to her brother and Levi and reason with them, rides in a booster seat, dresses herself and all kinds of delightful "four year old" things. She is a preschooler. And we love her.

Happy Birthday Mimi!!!!!








Four years ago...





****



No comments: