Social media is so funny. Suddenly I feel so naked and transparent by participating in it (says the girl who blogs every day). But seriously. Pinterest and Twitter and blogs and facebook are just ways to show the world how much time you spend goofing off on your computer or phone. Before as a mom you could've been glued to soap operas all day, or talked on the phone for hours on end or sat with a trashy magazine and no one would be the wiser. Now, the world gets to see that I have a nervous twitch that causes me to check Pinterest during every down minute, as well as write four tweets in an hour on Sunday afternoon (day four of flooding and being cooped up inside).
I think I've had a lot of nervous energy (and have also been glued to twitter following flood reports).
Either way, after I tweeted and pinned and blogged (and did other things, I swear) I was starting to feel a little like this:
And the worst part is that the world probably could tell by my frequency on Instagram, etc...
So, continuing in the tradition of over-posting out of sheer pent-up energies, here's more pics from what we've been doing in this odd (and tragic for so many people) time.
Day two of the flood activities included a "tape spider web." It literally used up five minutes...(but took 20 to make)
After attempting to drive to work and seeing "white caps" on the side of the road, Ben turned back towards home...thank goodness. So he worked from home. And Bode "helped."
And this was his theme song...
We tentatively ventured out a few times...
that's a lake that used to be a stream...
The most eerie, ominous clouds you've ever seen...
A little walk for exercise and fresh air:
Mimi wowed us by showing us that she knew how to write her last name!
painting!
The view of I-25 (and why I was glad Ben turned back home)
Main Street
I conquered a huge craft fear and sewed a three-dimensional object using a pattern!!!!
Our town...
(Ang, that's lefthand brewery on the bottom right)
helicopters flying overhead to send relief to Lyons
road closures...
(can you see how obsessed I was with Twitter?!?!)
our facetime with the Chavez boys!
(both houses conveniently had magnifying glasses handy :)
What I sewed!
what's been sustaining me and keeping our spirits up
(in an artificial sugar kind of way)
The really low point...cutting out flashcards from Ben's old PSAT book that we found...it's never too late to learn new words!
(that's how you know it was bleak at our house...)
Julie, you'd play this game with me! :)
Mimi set up a face painting shop...
...and Bode's case of the Sunday Sleepies set in on the couch.
This is what four days of the flood looks like:
(cat and butterfly, respectively. The football -Ben, isn't pictured)
(Bode's "firefighter" hat)
Cooking comfort food...and Mimi helping!
****

























No comments:
Post a Comment