Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mancation

Ben just got back from a week long trip to paradise.

And by paradise I mean Captiva Island.






He got to sleep, fish, drink beer, have boy time and grow a beard. Pretty much the best week if you ask him.

We missed him, but thanks to modern technology, were able to have face to face conversations with him via FaceTime on our iphones. Fancy!

(do you like Ben's "beach look?" He had the "I just got a full night of sleep, and took a swim in the ocean, with blue sky behind me and not a care in the world" look. I tried to not be too jealous. And maybe bought some stuff to console myself ;)


Here's pictures of his trip:









Too bad those boys didn't use a BARBIE fishing rod. Who KNOWS what they would've caught!





****

If you ask me, it looks completely miserable. 
I'm so glad that I stayed behind ;)
(I'm being sarcastic! Ben wasn't sure)

3 comments:

The Larsons said...

since when are husbands allowed vacations?!? ;)

julie said...

Now that you mention it, the idea of fishing all week does sound like my living nightmare. Especially considering that I'd most likely be barfing off the side of the boat all day long.

Caldwell Family said...

oh believe me...the sarcasm was noted:) i was at home holding the fort down this winter with a 2.5 year old and 7 week old during a mancation! i get it! they definitely deserve it, just hard to be the other party! i'm hoping for a momcation next winter:) love the elephant pics too. so cool that there are mimi and bodhi elephants.