Here's a "splash" of our summer pictures so far....
This is one of Mimi's last days of preschool. Popee bought them Cold Stone ice cream to eat for the car ride home. When I stopped the car to get the kids out of the backseat, this is what I found....
Two messy faces
...and an ice cream-covered, tired baby boy
It was just hilarious to see them like this. Especially Bode's dead pan expression.
(Oh. And now Mimi's carseat doesn't completely buckle that well. Note to self, ice cream isn't an awesome car snack)
It's very rare these days that Mimi lets me pick out her outfits. She has been blessed with some AMAZING summer dresses/hand-me-downs from her cousins and I'm always anxious to put them together in outfits for her. But most days, she gravitates to her same favorite dresses..over and over and over..you get the idea. She has a style of dress that she loves and there's no detouring her.
But on this day, she let ME pick! Hooray!
She has the cutest pair of jean bermudas and I just wanted to eat her up.
Unfortunately this was the day she also got hit in the face with a shovel at school, so this outfit came home with blood...poor baby :(
Mimi and I (and Bode) have also been popping into stores here and there.
She is quite the fashionista. She's my little shopping buddy. She shouts out encouraging, "peer like" comments like "ooo! Pretty! Buy it!"..she's the best.
She also loves to try on things herself (and gets mad when I don't buy them for her. Like these sunglasses for adults)
She likes to say, "oo mom, this is FASHION!" when she tries something on.
(my home pic inspiration)
(More ice cream face. Apparently we eat a lot of ice cream ;)
And what would summer be without GRADUATION parties?!?!
This cute girl on the left is Tori, who I babysat growing up.
We got to go to her party and congratulate her!
Then also went to her dance recital. She was AMAZING. Mimi and I went just the two of us. She was inspired and has been putting on her own dance recitals in our house.
Again, being the fashionista, she commented on every outfit and style. She was adorable. And every time the lights went dim for another dance, she squealed with excitement. When people would hoot and cheer, mid dance for a great move, she hollered right along side everyone.
She also dubbed "I Gotta a Feeling" as "her song" and "Moves Like Jagger" as Nana's. ;) Those really are the songs that they both like.
The recital was at my old high school...I don't think I'd been back into that parking lot since I graduated. It was INCREDIBLY weird driving in with Mimi in the backseat. Of course I made her take pics by the sign...
Little did the 16 year old me know, that someday, in the same field I posed for Powder Puff football pictures, I'd make my own little girl take a picture right in the exact spot?
Super nostalgic.
(Those were my pics of Tori's solo...Looks like I'm not going to be their professional recital photographer any time soon ;)
We also went to Taylor's graduation from D.U. this weekend too!
On her rooftop patio, overlooking Speer and downtown.
Congratulations Taylor!
Of course, you can probably guess what Mimi's favorite time was...
Hanging out with mini Chuweenie (chihuahua/weener dog mix), PEYTON!
(the kids and Dani)
***
We've also been back to BT and Oma's pool...(with two parents this time...MUCH better :)








1 comment:
go warriors!!
Post a Comment