Tuesday, June 26, 2012

This and That

Helllloooo June.

What a BUSY month. I think that everyone (including us) just gets so excited about summer and goes FULL THROTTLE on plan making and social obligations. Wowzers! It's been hectic. (And don't blame Turrill Summer Bingo...we haven't even really begun to touch that list! ;) July, you can blame June if you end up as a really boring summer month. Ben and I have made a pact to make NO PLANS in July without first consulting each other.


Besides doing some great pool time, seeing "Auntie Laura" who was in town as well as the Swansons, we attended Ben's cousin's wedding reception. I really love Ben's family and love seeing them on other occasions besides holidays. So does Mimi. She adores her big girl cousins. When Mimi was just a lil nugget, I remember dreaming about the day we'd be at family events and she'd be tearing around with the girls. That day is here! She loves it!




All of those girls are Mimi's cousins (except for the little one with long hair in the middle. I have no idea who she is! But she was quite photogenic. Anytime she'd see me out with my camera she scream "FASHION" and strike a pose!)

Cousin Katie was in town with her fam from Minnesota!


On -duty -Oma
Love passing that squirmy boy sometimes! Thanks Oma!




Heather, toasting her mom and Robert



Where there is wedding cake, there you will find the children!






She's so reserved.


***

Here's some randoms..
(Mom, I'm doing this post with mostly you in mind so you can see what we've been up to!)


Laura and Charlie, in from Indy



Brothers!


Hanging out with Sue, my old kindergarten teammate :)

It was fun to see her and be reminded of a former identity I possessed..."Mrs. Turrill, kindergarten teacher." I liked reminiscing and catching up on "school news."
It even made me a bit nostalgic for that past life. Just a little. Mostly for having colleagues to hang out in the teacher's lounge with and talk about episodes of the Bachelorette and such. 

Until Sue kindly reminded me that I never really liked to just sit around and chat at school, I liked my space, was pretty stressed and worn thin most of the time, and HATED when people just popped into my classroom to talk, taking away precious planning (or recoop) time. (okay, she didn't say it like that...but something she said about me liking to be in my classroom alone between kinder classes reminded me). Oh, and I don't even WATCH the Bachlorette. So there you have it. Back to reality.


Squirmy Bode exhibit a.


 ..and exhibit b.



****



No comments: