Saturday, November 24, 2012

Let It Snow


I don't know about anyone else, but I'm hankering for a good snow to blanket the Christmas lights that are springing up. It just feels weird to pull out Christmas boxes and listen to the Nutcracker soundtrack without that white stuff! (But, as well all know, we welcome it before Christmas, but then curse it anytime from January on). 

So, since there was a shortage outside, the Turrill kids decided to create their own:













I always had my suspicions that I was a more lax parent; suspicions now confirmed. (From this instance and the fact that I have a daughter who tromps all over people's couches...woops). Who lets their kids DO this?!?! I think I just loved that they were playing so cute together (and not demanding my attention) that it was a mess I was willing to clean up.

****

All of this mess was because we have been finally filling our house with FURNITURE! And it's exhilarating! We even called in some help in the form of Kathy, Rose Cottage Designs (Here's HER blog! http://kathysrosecottage.blogspot.com/)..I have her number and email too if you want to use her! Inquire within!. I've always wanted to ask someone's opinion about arranging furniture, filling walls, etc...she is THE BEST! We actually met at Starbucks in Louisville, where she was a former Starbucks customer (then known as "cute latte lady in pink") and is also a good friend of other friends of mine. I like to say I have a little eye for picking out what I like, but Kathy was so good at helping pull it all together and give great suggestions about helping it to look finished. Plus, she's just fun to be around :) I think we could chat all day (and she doesn't seem to mind the two monkeys that I have running around our house constantly, or how I have to stop mid-conversation and change diapers...BONUS ;)


Here's our living room...
WE LOVE IT! Goodbye Cozy Coupes! Helllooooo furniture!





(With rug!)


Our bedroom's also had a makeover (DIY Ben and Mackenzie style...more on that later!)

Thanks Kathy! Now that our house is feeling more cozy, bring on the snow!!!

****





1 comment:

Kathy said...

Best clients ever to work with-how hard could it ever be to "work" with Mackenzie.....besides loving her..and her adorable family....LOVE LOVE her house.....it came together in literally days....never do you have clients that do exactly as you say....immediately!!! STAR STAR! I really just guided the Miss Mackenzie who had it all in her head-just pulled it out a bit! LOVE the results!
A+ Miss Mackenzie.....and Ben of course too ! :~) I can't wait to see more!!!