Okay, this post is going to feel a lot like this clip from The Goonies:
There's some things I've been wanting to get off my chest.
I think Ben and I are pretty good parents. We make Mimi brush her teeth and say thank you (and sometimes even make her carry her own plate to the sink). But sometimes I'm not always a model citizen of Parenthoodville. (Aside from the obvious overuse of TV to babysit my offspring).
Hmmm Hmmm (throat clearing)... Here goes:
-Sometimes I use the words "poop" and "butt" to get my child to laugh
(and sometimes even together)
-One time both my children had consumed 8 popcicles between them (and it wasn't even 9:00 am).
-90% of the time that I ask Mimi to clean up her room, I end up doing most of it myself.
-I let my kids tear up foam board and make a big, white, styrofoam mess of my living room (oh, wait. You already knew about that one).
-When I order kids meals for my kids I eat most of their french fries before they even see the bag (and I eat all of Mimi's chips that come with her Chipoltle meal. She doesn't even know that those are rightfully hers).
-When Mimi saw her Christmas present last week by accident (it was THE present of the year...the Santa one) and asked about it, I lied and said it was for a little girl who's sick in the hospital and doesn't have any presents. I froze. Now she'll probably have an unexplainable hatred for hospitals that not even her future shrink will be able to unlock. Woops.
Okay, I think that's it for now. This will probably trigger more confessions, so stayed tuned. Feel free to share your own. It feels really good.
*****
1 comment:
Mackenzie......I am still laughing!:~)And blonde Bode-so precious!!!
Post a Comment