Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
In our annual "Turkey Trot" tradition, we have shirts.
I feel like a total traitor after my last post about pinterest, because like the other moms making reindeer-shaped treats and homemade soap, I have made handsewn turkey shirts (a pinterest inspiration of course :) I just couldn't help myself. I can't explain my creative juices that have been flowing since we got back from FL. Normally times like this comes in spurts (as in a day of crafty madness) and then it's gone as soon as it comes in. But inspiration is shooting at my like an open fire hydrant. I can't stop! I want to decorate our house, address our Christmas cards (yes, I have them already), edit pictures, make posters and book lists with Mimi, organize our closets and garage and, apparently, hand sew shirts for our family. I'm the girl we all hate right now. I seriously can't help it. I think that the projects are things I love and it keeps me going through the mundane-ness of life. I guess it's just how I've been motivated and wired lately... let's just blame it on the holidays. ;)
AND, as a tribute to the holiday, I have something else on my list of "optional things to do;" look up THIS guy:
George Soule
He's a relative of mine (found by an amazing distant family member, who updates our family tree on Ancestry.com more often than I have a craft going...) AND HE WAS ON THE MAYFLOWER!!!!! As in the ship that brought the pilgrims here. Amazing, right?!?! That's so stinking cool to me to know. We also even have an "indian princess" in our family (not too far up the family tree that I even knew about growing up). I love telling Mimi about her...it's like a real life "pocohontas" to her ;) So in my opinion, with a pilgrim and some really great American Indians in our family, we're like the perfect Thanksgiving wrapped up in one.
Here's more info on George:
(Stanley "Buck" Roy is my grandpa!)
Also this was on a wikipedia:
(or just click the picture or link to make it bigger!)
So cool! And so fortunate to have a family member who digs through all of the records to find family connections.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We'll be in Gunbarrel with the Turrills ( +25 and my assigned green bean casserole for an army) while Nana and Gpa and Gabe are in Loveland. Just choosing one side to spend the day with reduces a lot of anxiety, but this year I'm feeling so blue about not being with this lady:
but we'll be up on Friday to clean up the leftovers :)
***










No comments:
Post a Comment