Friday, January 20, 2012

Beat Up


It's no secret that I've always wanted to be a Roller Derby girl.
Definitely NOT because I'm tough or awesome, but more to have an excuse to come up with the clever name (my current favorite is Miss Understood or Judy Boom) and wear a frilly cheerleading skirt around.

So it's sort of funny that my body looks like I have in fact taken up Roller Derby or become the newest member of the Jackass team. Lugging kids around is hard work! Between getting the Sit and Stand stroller in and out of the trunk, lifting a three year old into the grocery cart or toting the HEAVY infant seat (and HEAVY infant) around, my body is taking a beating. The bruises on my upper thigh from where the baby carseat hits are so plentiful that I'm sure I have a bruise in the shape each of the seven continents. (I will save you the picture...hence the cute cartoon instead).

And if that weren't enough, I have this pesky rib that keeps popping out. No joke. How Operation Game is that?! So that's what that horrible feeling that wouldn't go away no matter how I contorted my body was! Thanks to my large baby boy ( I will just choose to blame him. He's so cute. He can take it) I've already doubled my chiropractor attendance (I've gone from once a year to twice in two months!). And even though it seems like that rib is out of place AGAIN, I'm going to tough it out. I'd rather spend the money on Starbucks. Plus it's good practice for if I really do become a Roller Derby chick... ;)




1 comment:

rodger said...

Miss Understood - This song is for you !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw9IaCidqWQ