Thursday, January 26, 2012

More Mimi



Since most of the time it feels like Mimi is random, this post about her will follow suit.




My Little Ponies have been a hit in our house lately:



This is how Mimi eats sushi:

With a surgeon's precision, she eats off all of the rice and leaves the rest. 

This picture marked a significant day.
It was the day I decided that I would never spend $7 on a sushi snack for my little rice eater.


This is how Mimi wore her hair to school today:



Somehow she found this little infant headband of hers and put it on herself.
Not wanting to discourage her from taking the initiative to tame her locks on her own, I let her wear it around the house and didn't attempt to correct it. Then she told me that she wanted to wear it to school. Maybe because we had a long sleepless night with a teething Bode, or maybe because who seriously cares what a preschooler's hair looks like? I let her. (but you'd better believe it didn't go without comments at her preschool when we rolled in. Mimi's teacher said it was reminding her of Olivia Newton John's "Let's Get Physical" video ;) Sometimes it feels nice to let some things go. (Lord knows I don't do that often!)



One day we were out in the yard. Mimi came to me with a worried, frantic expression.


"Mom, I will be right back. I need to go get a watering bucket for those flowers! LOOK AT THEM!" (they were clearly not dry or dead, but just in winter hibernation. But I loved her initiative!)






Of course there are a million more funny, random Mimi things. (Just ask Nana. She has a few from her time with the kiddos yesterday), but that's a good start.

*****

No comments: