Hold the phone. We know who Bode looks like. Are you ready?!
JACK JACK from "The Incredibles!"
I've thought that for awhile..the ears, the big blue eyes...
Now this picture from Ben's phone proves it.
Here's the little man himself:
I feel like I'm always writing posts about Bode, but I think it's because he's in that stage of life where he literally changes daily.
As you can see from the above pictures, it seems like he is almost a "man on the move." He's still only rolling from his back to his tummy (and then getting stuck!) but he's found that he can sort of scoot and grab to get things that he'd like to put in his mouth. Just in time for Mimi to decide it was time to get every small, tiny choking hazard toy out of her little "treasure box" of goodies and small toys. I'm trying to re-train myself to scan the floor before I put him down.
I went back to read a journal that I kept when Mimi was this age.
It made me a little sad because I realized that we're about to take a really accelerated ride through some BIG milestones. Six months seemed like the magic number when Mimi got teeth, sat up by herself, started eating food, rolling around the house, sleeping through the night..you name it. It's exciting and made me nostalgic (already) for this little baby stage of Bode's.
****
He's still waking up pretty frequently (if you consider every two hours frequent. I do.) With Mimi we were much more diligent in letting her cry a bit to sleep a little more, but with him it's harder. I think because our day schedules are so erratic (preschool drop offs, BSF, late nights at family's house, etc..) that no night's sleep seems the same for him, so it's hard to tell if he's waking up because he's hungry or if it's just out of habit. He also wakes up when he's turned onto his tummy and can't get back over. Poor guy. Good thing he's so cute that I usually really don't mind going in to see him-he is all smiles and coos at 2 am... (although my mindset would be a lot better with a few good nights of sleep I'm sure).
We also gave him rice cereal for the first time yesterday!
More to come on that soon :)


1 comment:
OMG- he does look like Jack Jack. That is awesome.
Post a Comment