She says such adult things these days and thinks such deep thoughts, that I forget she's only three. Just the other day when she was sick, she was sitting in my lap. I suddenly noticed how small and thin her little legs are and how her tiny little kneecaps aren't far from her little mini ankles. She is still small. It's good to remember.
But, in light of that, she's still growing like a weed. Lately I've been used to focusing on Bode's growth that happens at lightning speed. I'd forgot what it was like to see Mimi growing out of clothes! But recently when I go to put on a tried and trusted old long-sleeved shirt, I find that the sleeves have creeped up her little toothpick arms, and her belly is peeking out from underneath the shirt. The pile of hand-me-downs to pass on to friends (Isla Paige!) is growing.
***
(p.s. I really wanted to capture her incredible growth with a picture of her in a shirt she wears all of the time that's too small, but she refused. But, odds are that she will be wearing that same shirt again soon if it's left out on the floor. She can't resist the urge to try on any and every piece of clothing that's in her sight. Especially if it's too small and out of season)
Other news about Mimi:
1. The novelty of her brother is wearing off.
The other day she said she wished Bode was a sister.
She also informed me the other day that babies do a lot of things that she doesn't like.
The other day she said she wished Bode was a sister.
She also informed me the other day that babies do a lot of things that she doesn't like.
2. Her preschool year continues to zoom on. The other day she started learning Zoo Phonics in preschool. I was so excited. I even told the teacher. (and probably looked like a complete kiss up. Not a good way to make other Mommy friends....
3. The other day Mimi read one of our favorite Lisa Patricelli books to Bode "Big Little." It was adorable. And Bode wasn't a great listener.
(it's long...maybe only grandmas will want to watch)

No comments:
Post a Comment